Hi everyone.  I'm about to purchase a SuperTech.  I'm in Adelaide and they have a 2019 on the showroom floor now.  The 2020 model will take a week or two arrive.  I'm wondering what the differences in the models are as I can't find any info searching the web?  

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I haven't heard anything Glynn, apart from new colours and body styling.

The dealer from whom I purchased my Supertech recently invited me back to view the Racing Sixties releases and the HPE Supersport, when they arrive. But I'm not sure if the Racing Sixties are HPE variants, without sighting them. The Supetech HPE remains unchanged.

I'm completely smitten with my gloss grey Supertech, which is about to arrive at a first service interval.

It does, however, have two small issues which I do not intend to do anything about - the rest of the package being outstanding: The ambient temperature reading is on steroids. It clearly displays what I know in advance to be the outside temperature, but once underway for a few Ks I feel that the sensor must be being corrupted by a heat source - then reads up to 5-6 degrees above; the fuel gauge is on drugs; too much petrol sniffing. The digital readout has a mind of it's own - once underway. Again, no issue for me as I can confidently claim the scoot is achieving 30ks per litre. So I set the trip meter at fill, which informs me that I need to consider fueling from 180ks. Range being 210ks with the 7ltr tank.            All I added was a mid-size screen and a rear folding rack. I LUV my new ride .....

The dealer from whom I purchased my Supertech recently invited me back to view the Racing Sixties releases and the HPE Supersport, when they arrive. But I'm not sure if the Racing Sixties are HPE variants, without sighting them. The Supetech HPE remains unchanged.

I'm completely smitten with my gloss grey Supertech, which is about to arrive at a first service interval.

It does, however, have two small issues which I do not intend to do anything about - the rest of the package being outstanding: The ambient temperature reading is on steroids. It clearly displays what I know in advance to be the outside temperature, but once underway for a few Ks I feel that the sensor must be being corrupted by a heat source - then reads up to 5-6 degrees above; the fuel gauge is on drugs; too much petrol sniffing. The digital readout has a mind of it's own - once underway. Again, no issue for me as I can confidently claim the scoot is achieving 30ks per litre. So I set the trip meter at fill, which informs me that I need to consider fueling from 180ks. Range being 210ks with the 7ltr tank. All I added was a mid-size screen and a rear folding rack. I LUV my new ride .....

Hi Mark

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride.  I did a test ride on the new HPE last December.  I enjoyed the ride but that fancy dashboard did my head in as checking my speed was quite distracting..  I had other members who own one of these saying the mirrors were too short especially if you are a large size or have a pillion, so they were going to change them.

Thanks for your update, it helps other members with their decisions.

Cheers Julie

Apologies for the double-up. Cold fingers perhaps.

My outgoing Yamaha had a digital dash, as does my current Monkey 125. I guess you adjust. I didn't need the Supertech, not being very tech oriented, but I loved the understated grey in full gloss. The coolest factor with the dash is the change in background lighting in low light conditions. I don't fiddle with the settings too much - I just want to ride. Digital technology does seem like the future. Something else to go wrong? - we'll just have to wait and see.

It will be interesting to see whether the Racing Sixties GTS will be a HPE. Since my targeted interest in Vespa ownership, going back to 2012, I see much incorrect information attached to models. Some reviews are still saying the HPE has an 8.5 litre fuel tank. Measure twice and cut once.

The HPE will be more expensive to operate over it's predecessor. The manual states that slides, rollers and belt are to be changed at 10k ks. For your interest. 

Cheers for the info guys.  I'm also looking at the grey SuperTech.  Interesting about the fuel gauge and thermometer.  Let's see if I encounter the same???

.... with my extensive research with this model, translating international reviews also, there is an alluding to the two issues I mentioned above - to varying degrees - but I'm choosing not to call them issues.

What I can say is, I am most comfortable on this scooter for hours in the saddle; I have no issues personally with the mirrors - vibration or placement. No steering wobble issues, as reported by some in older models. All the big boxes are ticked. The dealer, from new, did tell me that it is preferable to have the ASR switched off until the scooter has clocked a few hundred kilometres - or more. Something about setting itself. ? I elected to leave mine switched until after the first service. But I ride my scooter in mostly ideal conditions ....

.. just a follow-up: I ventured across on my bicycle to Racecourse Motors today, the dealer from whom I purchased my Supertech. Yes, I can confirm that the Racing Sixties models are HPE power plants; measure twice.They are reported to be several weeks away.

The dealer again confirmed that he disabled my ASR at the computer, from new. He will enable it at the first service next week. I trust his judgement with this.

What  is ASR?

Assisted Slip Reduction; which is a posh acronym for traction control

Just a follow-up: the SuperTech went for it's first service on Friday. Being just short of 1000 ks (976), they were unable to cancel with their diagnostic programming the spanner service icon that appears on the digital dash. It will always default to active until the scooter has actually traveled 1000 ks. It's a quick job to undertake when I next pass the dealer, but a little pain. It caught the dealer out.

The fuel gauge is still demented, and the ambient temp. sensor must be adjacent to some swirling heat source. If you go to the SuperTech review undertaken by Bikesales.com, both of these issues are mentioned. My fuel sensor operates at the extreme of 'wonky'.

What might also interest you is the manual states that the fuel tank is 8.5 litres - - so much contradictory information about this. My use experience tells me the tank is 7 litres. Is my fuel sensor reading for an 8.5 litre tank?

But I really love it notwithstanding ....... hope this information helps

RSS

© 2020   Vespa Club of Melbourne Incorporated in Victoria A005069N   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service