I post to a few forums but this setup looks a little different to me! So I'll give it my best shot. I bought a scooter on impulse about 6 weeks ago. During a morning walk I happened past Roberto's (The Vespa Wizard) workshop. After the pleasantries and some 'oohing and ahhing' I noticed a pretty little green Vespa Sprint in the back of the shop. My wife's motorbike was destroyed in a fire a number of years ago and so I thought this would be a great replacement. Marion was with me...so it wasn't that difficult making a decision. Moving on, I picked up the scooter after a holiday up north and decided it needed a few minor alterations to give it some practicality and safety on the road. To this end and some advice and bits and pieces from Roberto, I decided to do 2 things initially. The first was to build a carrier for a bike boot that I had tucked away in a stash and the second was to do some rewiring and add a set of indicators. Apparently 1968 Vespa Sprints weren't generally fitted with these and during my test ride I failed to notice this or that there were no rear view mirrors. I don't mind this, but I don't consider it safe for Marion.
So here's 2 pictorial presentations:
1. The rack and luggage bin being made and fitted.
2. The electrical panel and wiring alterations for the 12v horn & indicator circuits, including an original Vespa switch. Note. The front indicator bar still needs to be made. This will also double to secure the mirrors which will be moved further apart for improved visibility.
2. Electrical & Wiring Mods.
Note. The rear indicator mounts are built into the scooter bin mount. I'm still waiting on the LED indicators to arrive from China (literally!).
Add a Comment