Question for the true historians.

Working on my Arcobaleno I noticed there are no holes in the headset upper for mirrors. Is this an aftermarket headset or was there a model or version that came out with the mirrors mounted elsewhere ? 

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anthony, your model like mine has two holes on each side underneath the cast alloy headset. These are for accessories like mirrors and a windscreen. You just need two brackets like this to bolt on the mirrors:

http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1447

Hi David, yes mine has the holes in the lower headset and one bracket and one mirror on the RHS. So our model had no holes in the upper headset piece. Thanks for that.

hi David,

we had a pair of these on one of our PX's last year, and the RH one fatigued and cracked right through.

Lucky i spotted it while washing the bike, or it would have come off while riding.

I had a set on another bike years ago that was pressed and had right angle form on its edges. i think It absorbed the vibrations better, as I had no problems with those.

Hi Anthony I have a left and right chrome mirror brackets that may do the job I want $15 for both

Attachments:

Thankyou Keith that is very kind of you to offer. I like the chrome finish. However I will need the four hole version as I am going to trial a screen on this one.

Theres a 4 hole version!—Extra mirrors...

RSS

Visit our Supporters

© 2018   Vespa Club of Melbourne Incorporated in Victoria A005069N   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service