Hi all, I'm looking at insurance for a new GTS250 or 300, is the anyone recommended, or more importantly, are there any insurers I should stay away from?

Views: 421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks everyone for the tips, am now on the road on GTS250ie, and went with RACV in the end. It's always a bit of a punt, will have top see what they're like come claim time (hopefully never).

Can't wait to hit the road tomorrow, see what it thinks of some hills!

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy!

Updating this - just wondering if anyone has some suggestions other than Famous Insurance - watch for my forthcoming post as to why i will NEVER insure through them again

AAMI around $330

Suncorp around $420

Swann around $250

RACV around $240

Motoi around $220

Others?

I was with Famous during the special offer period but have gone to Shannons in order to get a sensible agreed value for a PX200. For a current model I'd likely be back with RACV.  

Hi everyone,

I forgot to renew my insurance, reason for missing the Italian Festival last Sunday. Serious bummer!

I was with Famous Ins. the last year. I have contacted RACV as my car is currently insured with them. Their premium would have been far more than Famous and half the cover... $4000 instead of $9000 for a 2016 GTS 300SS Low Km's and a very high excess. I thought I would go back to Famous, just to find that my insurance for the last year was completely useless, as they ONLY insure bikes stored in an INDIVIDUAL, LOCKED GARAGE with FOUR WALLS and NOT any other way. So my very secure, enclosed, private carport behind a locked garage door with no street view would have repudiated any claim I could have made.

Best I could get was SWANN at $377 per year, $8500 (agreed value) $500 excess.

RSS

Visit our Supporters

© 2018   Vespa Club of Melbourne Incorporated in Victoria A005069N   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service